The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher and upcoming Cyberpunk 2077), GOG.COM is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of Windows, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support. Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.
As part of our expansion we are looking for a Junior Business Development Manager who would help us sign the rights to distribute even more of the greatest PC titles of all times and satisfy our global audience of hungry gamers!
If video games have always been your passion, you have a soft spot for PC gaming since your childhood and you have fond memories of all the games previews and reviews that you read as a kid, in addition now as a grown-up, you also follow closely the latest business news dealing with the key actors of the gaming industry (games publishers, developers, digital distribution networks or any other company that is under the spotlights!), you’re the one we’re looking for 🙂
- Preparing and budgeting (P&L) offers for video games publishers to get the worldwide rights to distribute PC classics on GOG.com.
- Later on, presenting such offers to the involved publishers and negotiating with them all the way until the final signature.
- Maintaining a clear communication line with other departments of GOG to let them know about upcoming titles and cover their possible questions about those.
- Account management: being the main point of contact for a selection of publishers, reviewing our performance with them, ensuring good communication and maintaining a high overall satisfaction.
- Attending trade shows whenever needed to meet ongoing partners and find new business opportunities.
- Being constantly up to date about the latest industry news and digital trends. Identifying and reporting possible business opportunities to the Head of Business Development.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a position involving at least half of the above-mentioned responsibilities. The more international the experience, the better!
- Solid organization skills, combined with an ability to prioritize your work to meet deadlines.
- Good command of the Microsoft Office suite: Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and especially Excel.
- Feeling comfortable with maths to budget any business idea or model you have in mind.
- Fluent written and spoken English is a must.-Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain a clear and efficient communication line with other departments of GOG, but also with external partners.
- Analytical mind: ability to consider numerous details at a glance in order to make rock solid decisions.
- Creative thinking and an open-minded approach: defining solutions sometimes requires looking outside of the box.
- Solid knowledge of the gaming industry: key players, general trends.
- Past professional experience in the gaming or media industry in a position that required negotiating and eventually licensing content that was made available for sale.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com’s net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons, should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
- A dog friendly environment – yes, you can bring your four legged friend to work.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) below.