The following definitions apply:
Administrator – proprietor of the Service, i.e. CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office at Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warsaw, entered in the National Court Registry by the 13 th Commercial Department of the District Court for the City of Warsaw; registration (KRS) no. 0000006865; tax ID (NIP): 734-28- 67-148; statistical ID (REGON): 492707333; share capital: 94,950,000 PLN.
User – any person (Internet user) who visits the Service or any subsite thereof.
Service – the web platform available at www.cdprojekt.com.
Cookies – computer-readable data supplied in the form of text files, stored on the User’s client device in order to facilitate interaction with the Service. Cookies typically contain the name of the originating website, an expiration date and a unique ID.
The Administrator hereby declares that the Service only receives information stored in cookie files and does not collect any other information related to Users. In particular, the Administrator declares that the Service does not utilize any so-called tracking cookies which permit online services to spy on Users.
The Administrator declares that cookies are utilized for the following purposes:
- To adapt the Service content to the User’s preferences and optimize interaction with the Service. In particular, cookies are used to recognize the User’s client device and serve a properly formatted website, adapted to the User’s personal preferences.
- To maintain the User’s session (assuming that the User has logged into the Service) so that the User is not required to supply access credentials on each subsite.
- To collect statistical data, enabling analysis of how Users interact with the Service.
The Administrator declares that the Service utilizes two types of cookie files:
- Session cookies: temporary files stored on the User’s client device until the User logs out, navigates away from the Service or closes his/her browser.
- Persistent cookies: files stored on the User’s client device for a period of time determined by the parameters of each cookie or until manually deleted by the User.
The Administrator declares that the Service utilizes the following classes of cookies:
- Cookies which facilitate interaction with Service features, including, among others, authentication cookies which enable Users to access those features of the Service which require authentication.
- Cookies which provide security, e.g. enable the Service to detect malicious authentication attempts.
- Cookies which enable the Service to collect information regarding access to its component websites.
- Cookies which enable the Service to remember the User’s personal preferences – for example their preferred language or region – and adjust the Service contents accordingly.
- Cookies which enable the Service to deliver advertising content which matches the User’s interests (also called advertising cookies).
It should be noted that most web browsers come with default settings which enable storage of cookies on the User’s client device. Users are, however, free to change these settings in such a way as to block automatic management of cookies by the browser or to receive notifications whenever a cookie is to be saved on the User’s client device. For detailed information regarding the management of cookies please refer to your browser documentation.
The Administrator declares that restrictions imposed upon the management of cookies may adversely impact certain features offered by the Service.
Cookie files stored on the User’s client device may be used by advertisers and other commercial entities which cooperate with the Administrator.