Gamers are the ones we always keep in mind while developing our services and improving our offer – they are the pillars that make GOG. What’s more, we understand that gaming communities around the world can be a bit different, have their own tastes and preferences, and require a dedicated approach.
People are fundamental to our success. Right now at the Engineering team, we are looking for a skilled Technical Lead (Frontend) to pick up a challenge and shape the future architecture for GOG front-end applications while resolving complex dependencies and bringing the top quality standards.
Work with super-supportive, professional and open-minded teammates/engineers/ gamers who build cool platform used by them & their friends:
– We build global ecommerce & game distribution platform with millions of users each month where our microservices handle over 35 000 reqs/s in peak.
– We use Docker all across the pipeline and we are migrating production apps to containers with Kubernetes.
– We care for SOLID code, modular approach and automated tests on all layers.
– Do we have tech-debt? Yes, and we dedicate time for fast-forwarding core pieces (currently slicing monolith to microservices, migrating from AngularJS to Angular).
– We learn from each other by pair-programming, workshops, presentations, team choice days and many other cool engineers’ initiatives.
- Setting technical direction and managing technical roadmap taking into account: technical debt, architecture, technical stack and SDLC efficiency.
- Working closely with engineering teams on all stages (design, development, code review, release & monitoring) to ensure high quality solutions incorporating the best software development practices.
- Working and negotiating with Product Owners and other stakeholders to ensure execution of technical roadmap.
- Ensuring standardisation of technology & technical documentation across teams .
- Providing vision for technical stack while staying on top of and responding to trends and best practices.
- Growing engineers through feedback and mentorship.
- Properly communicating and escalating technical issues and risks to stakeholders.
- Advocating for technology and developer experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering related to building front-end applications.
- Business acumen: understand the role of technology in a company – able to balance business needs with tech needs.
- Experience in building high-performing web applications.
- Experience in designing architecture for complex applications.
- Expert knowledge in particular of SCSS, and TypeScript, and unit testing.
- Familiarity with Angular in a production environment
- Strong knowledge in technologies relevant to front-end development
- You embrace and have a strong understanding of agile methodologies.
- Comfortable giving feedback and experienced in developing people in technologies.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- A passion for games and the gaming industry.
What we offer
- Possibility to expand your career in an international and extremely creative environment.
- Unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of gaming.
- Hybrid model of work with a possibility to have an office-first, remote-first or fully remote structure depending on your role’s responsibilities & requirements.
- Access to a health care and sports activities package, including free psychologist appointments.
- Possibility to take paid Menstrual Leave for all menstruating employees.
- Active employee networks for LGBTQIA+ employees, women of GOG and parents.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits/coffee/tea, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for our employees.
- Gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games!
- Dog-friendly environment – yes, you can bring your four-legged friend to work!
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on the processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) below.