People are fundamental to our success. We are looking for Software Engineering Manager (Backend) to lead engineering teams responsible for developing core services for the GOG ecosystem. Work hand in hand with our sister company, CD PROJEKT RED and other game developers on delivering best online gaming experiences that reach millions of gamers.
- Teams management (2-3 teams of software engineers, up to 10 FTE): participation in recruitment process, coaching, inspiring, increasing engagement and development initiatives, defining performance metrics.
- Participation in defining the technical direction in the backend technologies and setting a bar for overall tech quality.
- Ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely.
- Enabling process transparency and optimal communication for all stakeholders (technological, product, business).
- Experience in a position related to managing backend teams in the IT industry.
- Experience with managing team leaders.
- Problem-solving and negotiation/influencing skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining highly available, scalable web services.
- Excellent knowledge of PHP7.
- Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment processes (git, git-flow, CI).
- Understanding of software development best practices: design patterns, continuous integration, code review, unit testing
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Adaptiveness, as we always seek for the best ideas and ways of doing things, which means changes.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Experience in the gaming industry.
- Passion for video games, apps, online technologies and geek culture.
- Familiarity with Java stack.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Access to health care and sports activity packages.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruit, an in-house cafeteria, and other goodies are standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on the processing of your personal data:
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat located in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in order to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, and the right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (in English).