GOG.com seeks talented Software Engineers to join the Architects Team, developing our common libraries and solutions used across the development teams as well as researching and working on projects such as: deployment, containers, security, high-availability and scalability.
- Providing the development teams with easy to use and efficient development environment.
- Working on containerisation best practices (both for Docker Swarm and k8s, on-prem and in the Cloud).
- Working on deployment/continuous integration & delivery best practices/tools.
- Working on core libraries (like metrics/logs/cache).
- Being responsible for services such as Sonarqube, Satis-Server, Verdaccio.
- Working on new projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- Having the DevOps mindset.
- Strong understanding of linux, docker, kubernetes from the developer’s perspective.
- Basic understanding of application security, high-availability scaling and optimisation problems.
- At least basic Bash/Python knowledge.
- At least basic PHP7/Symfony4 experience.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment processes (git, git-flow, CI).
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture.
- Ansible/Terraform experience.
- Willingness to learn Java or golang.
- Knowledge of at least some of the buzzwords: service-mesh, immutable infrastructure, service discovery, SAST.
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Understanding of source control systems and deployment processes.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com’s net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons, should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
- A dog friendly environment – yes, you can bring your four legged friend to work.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) below.