Gamers are the pillars of everything we do. This is why every day we strive to improve the GOG.com experience by adding great new features to our platform and expanding our catalogue with carefully chosen and tested content.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineer to enhance our team working on the GOG Galaxy gaming platform. Join us and build an innovative, cross-platform multiplayer engine that connects players on PCs, game consoles and mobile devices. Work hand in hand with our sister company, CD PROJEKT RED and other AAA game developers on delivering best online gaming experiences that reach millions of gamers.
- Shape the future of GOG Galaxy, our multi-platform desktop app, used by millions of gamers worldwide.
- Develop and own major features in GOG Galaxy and the GOG Galaxy SDK combining client-facing functionalities, networking, gameplay and community.
- Implement performance measurements, testing strategies and optimizations.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM framework and mentor less experienced team members.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices
- Deep knowledge of C++ and relevant experience
- Experience with the client-server architecture
- Experience in developing desktop applications on various platforms (including at least 2 of the following: Windows, MacOS and Linux)
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Knowledge of software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment, code reviews, clean code etc.).
- Exposure to system architecture
- At least basic knowledge of Python
- Basic knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, HTTP)
- Sound command of English
- Experience in working with various multi-platform UI toolkits (for example: Qt, wxWidgets)
- Experience in programming for mobile platforms (iOS and / or Android)
- Experience in programming on game consoles (XBOX ONE and / or PlayStation 4 and / or Nintendo Switch)
- Experience with Unity3D and/or Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of network and server security issues
- Experience with creating cross-platform software
- Knowledge of Conan dependency manager
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Kibana and Grafana
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com’s net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons, should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
- A dog friendly environment – yes, you can bring your four legged friend to work.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) below.