GOG.com seeks a talented Software Architect to join the Architecture Team responsible for the technical vision of our platforms and applications. You will be helping to develop and maintain highly available, scalable microservices for millions of gamers around the world. The role is focused on researching and working on projects such as the introduction of new technologies, code optimizations, security, high-availability, and scalability. You will be working on systems for millions of users from all around the globe that handle thousands of concurrent connections and requests per second.
- Developing and implementing a top-level IT architecture vision.
- Cooperating with development teams in the area of architecture design: finding bottlenecks, optimizing their services, and performing performance testing.
- Developing our common libraries and solutions used across development teams.
- Working on new projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- Mastery in at least two of the following: PHP7, Golang, Java.
- Strong understanding of application security, high-availability scaling and optimization problems.
- Experience with queue systems, SQL/NoSQL databases, using caches.
- Knowledge of MySQL optimizations and sharding.
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture, projects scalability and performance tuning of web applications.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Docker / k8s experience.
- Practical knowledge of RabbitMQ, Kafka, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Varnish-Cache, Redis.
- Background in an agile environment.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com’s net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons, should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
- A dog friendly environment – yes, you can bring your four legged friend to work.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.