GOG.com seeks talented Senior Software Engineers to join one of our cross-functional product squads responsible for developing core services for the GOG ecosystem. Work hand in hand with our sister company, CD PROJEKT RED and other AAA game developers on delivering best online gaming experiences that reach millions of gamers.
- Developing and maintaining highly available, scalable web services for millions of gamers around the world.
- Working on new projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- Supporting other engineers on your team to be successful.
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- Mastery in PHP7/8.
- Expertise in handling MySQL databases and query/table optimisations.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment processes (git, git-flow, CI).
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best web services on the Internet.
- Basic knowledge about Docker.
- Good knowledge of at least one modern PHP framework.
- Familiarity with Symfony in a production environment.
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture, projects scalability and performance tuning of web applications.
- Knowledge of at least some of the buzzwords: REST, OAuth2, RabbitMQ or Elasticsearch.
- Ability to analyze logs and metrics related to given services.
- Experience with caching (Memcached, Redis, Varnish, CDNs).
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Experience with applications hosted in Kubernetes.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.