People are fundamental to our success. We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer (Backend PHP). New person will join one of our chapters whose members are part of cross-functional product squads responsible for developing core services for the GOG ecosystem. Work hand in hand with our sister company, CD PROJEKT RED and other game developers on delivering best gaming experiences that reach millions of gamers.
- Team management: participation in recruitment process, onboarding new employees, coaching, increasing engagement and development initiatives, defining performance metrics.
- Lead the team in developing and maintaining highly available, scalable web services for millions of gamers around the world.
- Lead the team in writing well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Supporting team members at work.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- Experience in a position related to managing backend teams in the IT industry.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Very good communication skills, both technical and business-level.
- Problem-solving and negotiation/influencing skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining highly available, scalable web services.
- Good knowledge of PHP7.
- Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment processes (git, git-flow, CI).
- Understanding of software development best practices: design patterns, continuous integration, code review, unit testing.
- Experience in working on new projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Adaptiveness, as we always seek for the best ideas and ways of doing things, which means changes.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Knowledge of Java, Node.JS, Golang, Kotlin.
- Familiarity with Symfony in a production environment.
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture, projects scalability and performance tuning of web applications.
- Experience with caching (Varnish, Memcache, Redis).
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Access to health care and sports activity packages.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruit, an in-house cafeteria, and other goodies are standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on the processing of your personal data:
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat located in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in order to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, and the right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English).