We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to enhance our team working on the GOG Galaxy gaming platform. Help us build tools and features for game developers, and enrich users with new gaming experience. Work hand in hand with our sister company, CD PROJEKT RED and other AAA game developers on delivering best gaming experiences that reach millions of gamers.
- Shape and develop ambitious features for GOG Galaxy, combining networking, gameplay and community, experienced by millions of gamers.-Develop and own major features in the GOG Galaxy SDK.
- Implement scalable solutions, performance measurements, testing strategies and optimisations.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM methodology and mentor team members.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- Support developers creating new games in different technologies.
- Proficiency in C++ (at least C++11) with proven years of experience
- Basic python knowledge
- Knowledge of software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment etc.) and C++ best practices
- Basic experience with Linux administration
- Good knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSockets)
- Understanding of network and server security issues
- Good understanding of the client-server architecture
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities
- Experience in programming for mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Experience in programming on gaming consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo)
- Experience with creating cross-platform software
- Knowledge of as many of the following as possible: multiplayer services in games, NAT busting, low level network tools and diagnosis, VoIP, code optimization, networking performance measurements
- Experience with game engines: Unity3D, Unreal Engine, godot etc
- Experience with any of the following tools: conan, Jenkins, gitlab, kubernetes
- Experience in developing desktop applications on various platforms
- Experience with multithreaded programming, understanding of related issues and potential pitfalls.
- Good problem solving skills
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Access to health care and sports activity packages.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruit, an in-house cafeteria, and other goodies are standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on the processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) below!