GOG.com is expanding, reaching even further, and taking its experience into previously unexplored territories. We are now seeking a Junior Information Security Officer that will join our IT Team and help us bring our security policies to the next level, handle security-related incidents, and when needed, kick in and lead security-related projects. The best person for this role is one that has gained the first experience with practical knowledge of security matters, an experience that will allow them to develop their skills with the help of more senior people. Someone who is not afraid of challenges, understands technology, DevOps culture and will continually expand their knowledge in the area of security.
- Participating in the process of maintaining and implementing security systems and policies.
- Taking part in a proactive risk assessment program for all new and existing IT systems.
- Handling requests and questions sent to the security department related to cybersecurity, IT compliance and widely recognized security awareness.
- Evaluating security incidents and determining what response is needed.
- Communicating risks and recommending to mitigate risks to the risk owners by communicating in non-technical, cost/benefit terms and in a relevant format so decisions can be made.
- Predicting potential security vulnerabilities/breaches and pointing them out, with suggestions on how to handle them.
- Documenting security breaches and assessing the damage they have caused.
- Staying up to date with the security news, keeping an eye out for the latest vulnerabilities and remedies emerging in the field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role, within a rapidly growing work environment.
- At least basic experience with taking part in creating and implementing security procedures.
- Understanding of technology and security procedures in a business environment.
- A constant drive to develop and gain knowledge of security topics.
- Experience in handling daily cooperation regarding security incidents with people at all levels and helping in the process of implementation of recovery plans.
- Ability to educate a non-technical audience about various security measures.
- Excellent cooperation and communication skills – you will be working closely with both tech-savvy and not-so-tech-savvy individuals.
- Problem-solving, excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Technical understanding of web applications and system security and general IT knowledge
- Gained certificates: SSCP/CompTIA Security +/OSCP/CISSP.
- Theoretical understanding of GDPR or PCI-DSS regulations.
- Working knowledge of Computer/Network Security standards and best practices (NIST, SANS, ISO 27001, OWASP).
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com’s net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
- A dog friendly environment – yes, you can bring your four legged friend to work.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English).