We are looking for a well-organized and painstaking Helpdesk Specialist, who will help us maintain GOG’s infrastructure in order, solve a wide range of software and/or hardware related issues and take care of our office equipment. As a Helpdesk Specialist you will be the first aid to each member of the GOG team, your outstanding troubleshooting skills will allow us to work in undisturbed peace. So if you know how to keep many things in order, have a friendly nature and helpdesk experience – you might be the one 😉 Please put our keyword “blue hat” at the top of your cover letter.
- Providing help and solving IT related issues on a daily basis, spreading the “can do” attitude.
- Taking delicate care of our office equipment, investigating and solving different software/hardware issues, as well as keeping track of our stock.
- Managing the installation and configuration of operating systems on employees’ workstations, and ensuring that everyone’s needs are met.
- Keeping the storage area and equipment documentation in perfect order, as well as handling the stocktaking process.
- Looking ahead – planning and executing the modernization of the current IT equipment.
- Coordination of office purchases (buying new software, hardware and other IT equipment).
- 2+ years of proven experience in a similar position.
- Very good knowledge of Mac OS X and Windows operating systems – you should know much more than where to find the reboot button 😉
- Knowledge of IT equipment architecture.
- Basic understanding of IT security practices.
- Self-reliance and ability to organize your own work well.
- Willingness to try new things and self-improve, as well as the ability to learn fast and grow.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- Fluent level of Polish.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Good knowledge of administering Google Workspace
- Basic skills of automatization (bash, powershell, ansible).
- Basic knowledge of how to handle invoices
- Basic skills with Linux
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Access to health care and sports activity packages.
- Frequent social activities, free fruit, an in-house cafeteria, and other goodies are standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
- Work in a newly renovated, fully equipped office.
- The possibility of bringing a dog to the office – if you want to work in the office.
- Free parking in front of the company building.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on the processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV ( in English) below!