Gamers are the pillars of everything we do and thus we want to offer them the cosiest environment to take the advantage of their games. Imagine you can connect with other fellow-gamers regardless of the platform on which they buy and play games. Imagine a desktop application that allows gathering all games and friends in one place. Lastly, imagine that game developers can connect players across GOG.com, Steam, Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch.
Behind constantly growing ecosystem of GOG Galaxy services there is a team of brilliant engineers, who are expecting us to hire talented Head to lead them. Would this be you?
- Coordinating and managing the autonomous, agile development teams, that recently grew to be over 20 people strong and will continue to grow.
- Providing technical and process strategies for the team, including overseeing the software created by the teams.
- Inspiring and motivating team to ensure they understands the vision and strategy.
- Supporting the professional development of all team members.
- Participating in all HR-related processes (recruitment, evaluation, etc.).
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
- 7+ years’ experience in software engineering (C++).
- Previous (and successful) experience in managing others.
- Proficiency in project management, as well as excellent organisation and coordination skills.
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Adaptiveness, as we always seek for the best ideas and ways of doing things, which means changes.
- Great communications skills helping you to bridge the gaps between business and programmers.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best software on the Internet.
- Passion for video games, apps, online technologies and geek culture.
- Knowledge of client-server software architecture
- Experience with online multiplayer games.
- Experience in the gaming industry.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of gaming industry.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Possibility to participate in various IT conferences and events, both as a participant as well as a speaker.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com’s net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.