The Business Development Manager helps to bring the best of Windows, Mac, and Linux games to GOG.com by building and maintaining close relationships with both developers and publishers from indie to AAA. The Business Development team at GOG.com serves as the “face” of our company to the industry, and you will play an important and visible role both internally and around the gaming community as a driving force of our overall business.
Our company has grown a lot and has greatly expanded our mission since starting in 2008 but in many ways, we are still in the “building” phase of plan – you will find a company that is always open to new ideas and new ways of doing things. You will have an opportunity to make an impact here both in your direct line of work and, should you choose to do so, on the entire GOG organization and beyond. We can teach you a lot about how things have worked in the past, but it will be your knowledge, taste, humor, spirit, and – importantly – ability to thrive in an ambiguous and changing industry which will define your own success in the role.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for:
- Identify, negotiate and sign the best games for GOG audience and then work with the rights holders hand-in-hand to support their releases on our platform. This position is a mix of business development and account management, so the ability and interest to interface (emails, phone calls, video chats, and in-person meetings) and communicate with partners is crucial.
- Being constantly up to date about the latest industry news and digital trends. Identifying and reporting possible business opportunities to the Head of Business Development.
Your regular tasks would include:
- Developing forecasts and P&Ls for the evaluation of new opportunities
- Creating and delivering presentations for external partners to communicate our value proposition and business proposals
- Reaching out to new potential partners and establishing a business relationship
- Periodic check-ins with existing partners to ensure successful long-term operations·
- Attending trade shows whenever needed to meet ongoing partners and find new business opportunities.
- Daily communication with GOG’s global team to ensure close collaboration and synchronization on global business development operations and the company’s strategy.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of the gaming industry is a must (key players, general trend).
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the business development field. The more international the experience, the better!
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain a clear and efficient communication line with external partners
- Feeling comfortable with maths to budget any business idea or model you have in mind.
- Fluent written and spoken English is a must.
- Analytical mind: ability to consider numerous details at a glance in order to make rock solid decisions. Good command of excel would be useful here 😉
- Can-do attitude and an open-minded approach.
- Solid organisation skills, combined with an ability to prioritise your work to meet deadlines.
- Availability for travel several times a year.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
GOG.com to cyfrowa platforma dystrybucji gier, która powstała z wielkiej miłości do gier, filozofii rzeczywistego posiadania zakupionych produktów i najwyższej dbałości o dobro klientów. Dowiedz się więcej o GOG.com
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) below.