With the introduction of the GOG GALAXY 2.0 app we aim to solve the problem of market fragmentation that will allow gamers to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms, consoles included. In order to achieve this goal we are looking for a Business Development Director to join our Venice, CA office.
*YOUR MISSION:* To bring the best of Windows, Mac and Linux games to GOG.com & GOG GALAXY 2.0 app by building and maintaining close relationships with both developers and publishers from indie to the big guys.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with all key developers and publishers across North America.
- Identify, negotiate and sign the best games for GOG audience and then work with the rights holders hand-in-hand to support their releases on our platform.
- Evangelize GOG.com, GOG GALAXY 2.0 app and GOG GALAXY SDK to developers and publishers with the goal of their games finding their home in the GOG GALAXY ecosystem. This would include dedicated presentations as well as co-organization of our presence at the key developer events across North America.
- Perform regular business development tasks like running P&Ls, managing accounts, travelling across the whole globe (North American developers and publishers relations being the hot spot).
- Along with our growth, being able to find the best talent and build a team to handle increasing business development and GOG’s evangelizing workload.
- Daily communication with GOG’s global team (based in Warsaw, Poland) to ensure close collaboration and synchronization on global business development operations and the company’s strategy. This would include regular trips to our Warsaw HQ.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the business development area as a Senior Manager/Associate Director. The more international the experience, the better!
- Passion for games and gaming culture with a good understanding of the digital distribution scene, its key players and trends.
- Broad knowledge of the developers and publishers scene. The recent and upcoming hits? The hidden gems? You need to know them all!
- Honesty, passion, creativity. These are not only our values, but the adjectives that describe your profile best.
- A highly collaborative, proactive and hard working approach with the ability to self motivate within an entrepreneurial environment and without a heavy corporate structure.
- Solid organization skills, combined with an ability to prioritize your work to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills – with different time zones coming into play, it’s crucial that we stay aligned. We believe excellent communication is the key.
- Ability to handle P&Ls and treat numbers as your friends.
- Ability to travel, including international travel.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to work in a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Venice, CA.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Blue Shield Access+ Platinum PPO Health Plan.
- Humana Vision / Dental Plan & Life Insurance Policy.
- 401k plan with company match.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
- Paid Company Cellphone, Laptop.
- Gym Cost Reimbursement.
- Frequent social activities and other goodies are a standard.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) below.